Friday, December 12, 2003
Puca announce MMS marketing platform
posted by James |
Puca, a mobile marketing and mobile entertainment services company, has announced the launch of its new MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) platform, which enables clients to send multimedia messages to subscribers of all Irish mobile networks. Puca hosts this service on its own platform and says its technology allows companies to reach all participating customers, regardless of which mobile network they subscribe to.
Friday, December 05, 2003
Mobile shipment boom continues in Europe [via ElectricNews.net]
"Mobile handset shipments are still booming in Western Europe, rising significantly in the third quarter of this year, according to new market research. Analyst firm Strategy Analytics is reporting a 23 percent rise in shipments compared to the third quarter of 2002. Shipments were up 7 percent on the second quarter of this year. The firm reported that a healthy demand for colour-screen phones and cameraphones was mixed with a continuing strong demand for low-end handsets."
Extracting the main poits -
- Finnish manufacturer Nokia remains top of the pile in Europe, with shipments growing from 13.5 million units in the third quarter of last year to 13.7 million units in the third quarter of this year.
- Siemens performed very well, with shipments standing at 5.5 million, up from 2.5 million units in Q3 of last year.
- Samsung, meanwhile, enjoyed a period of steady growth, coming in at number three in the table.
- Sony Ericsson climbed into fourth position, doubling shipments from 1.1 million to 2.2 million.
- The report brought bad news for Motorola, however, which was down to fifth position from third a year ago, having been overtaken by Samsung and Sony Ericsson.
The main surprise for me is the performance of Siemens. I still don't know anyone personally with a Siemens phone but the last time I was in the Vodafone shop I could appreciate just how much they'd improved looks-wise. However, my friends continue to upgrade with Nokias. It's an incredible brand image and reputation that the Finnish manufacturer enjoys.
posted by James |